BABY PUPPY PROGRAM (8 – 12 weeks of age)
$125 for 5 lessons (the first lesson is a puppy free lesson – meaning you do not bring your puppy to the first lesson)
At the end of the 5 lessons your puppy will have a puppy graduation and you and your puppy will receive a puppy graduation gift and a Graduation Certificate for completing my Baby Puppy Program.
ABOUT THE BABY PUPPY PROGRAM
This program provides you with the support to move forward with further training with your new puppy or advance to my next level of training which is my Senior Puppy Program. My emphasis at all times is on positive reinforcement training.
At the puppy free lesson I will talk about the program structure and how we like to individualise the programs to suit the individual dogs within a class situation. I will also explain the importance of vaccinations, preventative flea and worm treatment, feeding and grooming.
BABY PUPPY PROGRAM
I will help you to teach your puppy to;
- Respond to his name
- Begin socialisation with other pups, children/adults
- Follow a hand movement
- The beginnings of settle on the mat
- Beginnings of recall
- Accept collar holds
- Tolerate gentle handling
- Learn the basic skills for positive reinforcement training
- Handling and grooming
- Toilet training
- Bite inhibition
- Understanding and managing normal puppy behaviour, eg, jumping, mouthing etc
- All payments for the course are expected up front before starting your training program.
- All puppies must come on a flat collar/lead or body harness
- And must have had their first vaccination which is a C3
- NO choke chains or halti’s can be used on this course
- Please make sure you have also wormed and flea treated your puppy prior to starting our training sessions.
- Please bring with you a bottle of water, a bowl, poo bags and a favourite mat and toy.
- All adults/children training must wear closed in shoes such as trainers/boots etc
- All adults/children must wear trousers/jeans and a jumper/sweater whilst at training.
- The above are health and safety requirements and if you do not wear these then you will be dismissed from class and asked to return the following week with appropriate wear.
- A clicker and treats will be provided for training but please feel free to bring along you own treats if you would prefer.