MIXED JUVENILE AND ADULT DOGS PROGRAM – for dogs over 6 months of age
$175 for 5 lessons (the first lesson is an dog free lesson – meaning you do not bring your dog to the first lesson).
At the end of the 5 lessons your dog will have a Juvenile Dog Graduation or Adult Companion Dog Graduation as appropriate, and you and your dog will receive a graduation gift and a graduation certificate for completing my Program.
ABOUT THE MIXED JUVENILE AND ADULT DOG PROGRAM
This program provides you with the support to move forward with further training to our Dog Tricks Program. My emphasis at all times is on positive reinforcement training.
At the Adult Free lesson I will talk about the program structure and how we like to individualise the programs to suit the individual dogs within a class situation. I will also explain the importance of vaccinations, preventative flea and worm treatment, feeding and grooming and adulthood.
MIXED JUVENILE AND ADULT DOG PROGRAM
I will help you to teach your dog to;
- Respond to name from a distance
- Eye contact with mild distractions from a distance
- Walk nicely on a lead and teach distraction techniques outside distractions
- Come when called under medium distractions
- Sit for greeting at a distance
- Begin socialisation with other dogs, children/adults and learning to walk together calmly
- Sit when asked from a distance
- Sit for greeting
- Lie down and stand on cue from a distance
- Allow handling, grooming and restraint
- Leave objects when asked from a distance
- Walk closely to cross the road with medium distractions
- Stay briefly in position from a distance
- Appropriate on-lead manners around dogs and people with medium distractions
- Basic health care
- How dogs learn
- Positive reinforcement training and how to work from a distance
- Guidance and guardianship
- Dog body language
- Environmental enrichment
- Management and strategies for problem behaviours (e.g jumping, barking)
- On-lead management around other dogs and how to work from a distance safely
- All payments for the course are expected up front before starting your training program.
- All puppies must come on a flat collar/lead or body harness
- And must have had their first and second vaccination which is a C3 and a C5 incl KC
- At 16weeks or over it is advisable to get a third vaccine which is a C3 this is due to the high rate of Parvo Virus in the area
- NO choke chains or halti’s can be used on this course
- Please make sure you have also wormed and flea treated your puppy prior to starting our training sessions.
- Please bring with you a bottle of water, a bowl, poo bags and a favourite mat and toy.
- All adults/children training must wear closed in shoes such as trainers/boots etc
- All adults/children must wear trousers/jeans and a jumper/sweater whilst at training.
- The above are health and safety requirements and if you do not wear these then you will be dismissed from class and asked to return the following week with appropriate wear.
- A clicker and treats will be provided for training but please feel free to bring along you own treats if you would prefer.