SENIOR PUPPY PROGRAM (14 – 24 weeks of age)
$150 for 5 lessons (the first lesson is a senior puppy free lesson – meaning you do not bring your senior Puppy to the first lesson)
At the end of the 5 lessons your senior puppy will have a Senior Puppy Graduation and you and your Puppy will receive a puppy graduation gift and a graduation certificate for completing my Senior Puppy Program.
ABOUT THE SENIOR PUPPY PROGRAM
This program provides you with the support to move forward with further training with your new senior puppy or advance to my next level of training which is my Juvenile Puppy Program.
My emphasis at all times is on positive reinforcement training.
At the senior puppy free lesson I will talk about the program structure and how I like to individualise the programs to suit the individual dogs within a class situation. I will also explain the importance of vaccinations, preventative flea and worm treatment, feeding and grooming.
SENIOR PUPPY PROGRAM
I will help you to teach your puppy to;
- Respond to name and give eye contact
- Begin socialisation with other dogs, children/adults
- Sit when asked
- Sit for greeting
- Drop when asked
- Settle on mat with short duration
- Beginnings of loose lead walking
- Progression of recalls
- accept collar hold and “gotcha”
- tolerate gentle handling and restraint
- “wait” or short “stay” with owner staying with the senior puppy
- positive reinforcement training
- handling and grooming
- toilet training (if required)
- bite inhibition (if required)
- appropriate play for this age group
- understanding and managing normal behaviours for this age group
- All payments for the course are expected up front before starting your training program.
- All puppies must come on a flat collar/lead or body harness
- And must have had their first and second vaccination which is a C3 and a C5 incl KC
- At 16weeks or over it is advisable to get a third vaccine which is a C3 this is due to the high rate of Parvo Virus in the area
- NO choke chains or halti’s can be used on this course
- Please make sure you have also wormed and flea treated your puppy prior to starting our training sessions.
- Please bring with you a bottle of water, a bowl, poo bags and a favourite mat and toy.
- All adults/children training must wear closed in shoes such as trainers/boots etc
- All adults/children must wear trousers/jeans and a jumper/sweater whilst at training.
- The above are health and safety requirements and if you do not wear these then you will be dismissed from class and asked to return the following week with appropriate wear.
- A clicker and treats will be provided for training but please feel free to bring along you own treats if you would prefer.